U3A National Workshops
The Third Age Trust has developed a number of workshops for U3A committee members and potential committee members. The workshops have been designed to provide support, information and knowledge to the U3A movement. They have been developed in consultation with U3A members. We are also open to designing bespoke workshops to assist as required.
The workshops that are currently offered by the Trust include:
- Running your U3A – which explores governance issues, Trusteeship and organising an AGM
- Managing Growth – exploring issues around the effective growth of a U3A
- Financial Matters – budgeting, accounting and managing U3A monies
- Interest Groups Matter – how to run effective interest groups and inspire new groups
- Communications – how to communicate effectively with your membership and how to raise the profile of your U3A
- Volunteers and Volunteering – exploring issues around recruiting, valuing and managing volunteers
- Keeping it Legal – exploring issues of compliance including: insurance, GDPR, Safeguarding, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The workshops are interactive and are delivered by experienced Trust volunteers alongside National Office staff. The delivery is designed to draw on the knowledge, interests and experience of attendees. Maximum numbers of attendees are generally set at 50 with the minimum being 30.
The workshops are designed to be delivered over a day from 10.30am - 15.30pm. Adaptations to this can be discussed.
Refreshments and lunch are provided.
Workshops are organised 'on request'. If you would like to request one please click here to complete the form and we will make contact with you to discuss your request.
Keeping it Legal: Porthcawl
14th August 2018
Keeping it Legal: Exeter
21st August 2018
Interest Groups Matter: Exeter
20th September 2018
Running your U3A: Southampton
25th September 2018
Keeping it Legal: Warrington
27th September 2018